Versions and Errata
v1.2.6 - 11/20/2013
- Updated Lumberjack references to LogStash Forwarder
v1.2.5 - 10/24/2013
- Updated Codec link thanks to Douglas Thomas
- Updated many links thanks to the great ElasticSearch website re-org (mostly thanks to Frank Limstrand)
- Tried to fix overflowing Listing in C8. Better but not perfect.
v1.2.4 - 10/12/2013
- Sentence structure and syntax fixes from Frank Limstrand
- Fixed date filter deprecation in Chapter 6
- Updated API for ElasticSearch template thanks to Alex Fisher
v1.2.3 - 10/7/2013
- Number of fixes thanks to Frank Limstrand
- Fixed to Redis installation, init script and curl command thanks to Bob Stine
- Format fix thanks to Felix Barbeira
v1.2.2 - 9/22/2013
- Fixed code link.
- Fixed a number of typos, issues and bad code examples thanks to feedback from Volker Uhrig!
v1.2.1 - 9/7/2013
- Updated versions to 1.2.1
- Fixed issue with Lumberjack init scripts
- Fixed typo in C7 shipper.conf
- Renamed code files
- Fixed command error and typo found by Terry Healy
v1.2.0 - 9/1/2013
This is a major update to the book which covers LogStash 1.2.0 and later versions. I strongly recommend you upgrade LogStash.
- Updated versions for ElasticSearch and LogStash
- Updated event schema for v1.2
- Updated Lumberback configuration in Chapter 4
- Added version warning
- Updated plugin_status to milestone
- Removed references to debug in plugins
- Changed references in grok from pattern to match
- Fixed Nagios service config thanks to Jean Rémond
- Added mention of new conditional configuration file syntax
- Replaced use of grep with conditionals where required
- Replaced all references to old LogStash Web Interface with Kibana
- Replaced all references to formats with codecs
- Added references to field sprintf syntax
v1.1.3 - 6/20/2013
- Updated -h setting for redis-cli
- Fixed postfix_pattern file and names
- Fixed incorrect web dashboard startup
- Updated list links
- Added Redis version requirement
- Updated versions to 1.1.12 and 0.20.5 for ES
- Fixed some code examples
- Updated references to monolithic jar to flatjar
- Fixed uses of emph with proper Markdown.
- Fixed code wrapping in ePub.
- Fixed typo on page 127 with capital S.
- Fixed missing links and admonitions in ePub and Kindle.
- Fixed link to code in Frontsmatter.
- Fixed a type and wrong redisserver package name for Red Hat.
- Fixed long dashes.
- Changed ES template application order.
- Fixed TOC error.
- Fixed typo in agent init script.
- Fixed several typos.
- Fixed Redis header.
- Removed Beaver version from pip.